We are more than grateful to return to the green and spacious Meerpark where we have the opportunity to host Music On Festival 2024. It is all about the love and respect for the vulnerable Amsterdam event locations and their environment. Together with the Amsterdam city government, local residents and sustainability experts we find Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) extremely important. For the Music On Festival team it is important to contribute to society by working with volunteers and creating work for educational institutes, refugees with a permit and other less fortunate classes of society.
• A maximum of 0.22 kg of residual waste per visitor
• Separate at least 60% of front and backstage waste
• Obtain the FutureProofFestival certificate for all of our outdoor Amsterdam events
We apply the latest smart and efficient technologies to reduce energy consumption and outflow.
• During construction/tear down, the production village runs on battery instead of aggregates
• Aggregates are filled with HVO, which is less harmful to the environment
We encourage visitors to choose from the vegetarian food options. The vegetarian diet helps to reduce water pollution and the harmful effect of livestock production.
• Focusing less and less on meat and more on vegetarian/vegan food options
• All of our eating utensils are 100% compostable or recyclable
All drinking cups and bottles are returned to the bar and are recycled. In 2019, we recycled more than 500,000 cups and bottles!
• We encourage visitors to return their cup or bottle to the bar
• Our aim is to recycle 100% of the issued cups and bottles
In 2019, 12,000 kg less waste was produced by introducing the raw materials plan. These materials have been reused, separated and processed separately.
We separate more than 8 different waste streams to reduce residual waste as much as possible.
• We process all plastic bottle caps and donate the revenue to the KiKa Foundation
• Cigarette butts are collected in cigarette butt bins around the terrain and do not end up on the ground
The number of kg of waste per visitor was reduced by 70% in 2019.
• The aim is to reduce the residual waste per visitor every year through an in-depth raw materials plan
• In 2022 we already produced 32% less residual waste per visitor compared to 2019
In 2022 more than 92% of all visitors came by bicycle or alternative transport to our festival terrains!
• Shuttle buses and aggregates are refuelled with HVO, which is less harmful to the environment
• We encourage all of our visitors to travel by bike and we always provide more than enough room to park their bike
We are always looking for sustainable ways for our crew to get around the festival terrain.
• Machinery, artist drivers, golf carts are at least hybrid or electric
• Our crew often takes the bike on to the terrain
Sexual harassment is not okay and will not be accepted at Music On Festival!
A visitor that harasses someone else will immediately be removed from the event
Always report sexual harassment to a staff member or security!
If you have seen or experienced something that makes you feel unsafe, you can always come to our Safe Space.
If you have experienced sexual assault or rape, please contact the sexual assault centre for specialised help on 0800-0188 | available 24/7
We stand for a responsible and enjoyable festival culture. To create this safe and inclusive environment, we believe in:
• A place to be yourself
• A dance floor for everyone
• A sustainable tomorrow
Help us to create an environment free from any kind of discrimination or phobia, that is sexually conscious for a safer future of dance culture.